An official website of the United States government
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
US Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Learning Center Website

How To Register

Payment for Corps Employees is mandatory via the Government Purchase Card.

The Preferred Method of payment for non-Corps government employees is the Government Purchase Card, however we will accept the following: DD Form 1556, SF 182, or MIPR.

STATE, COUNTY AND CITY EMPLOYEES: The Preferred Method of payment for others is credit card or check.

The sponsoring agency's method of payment.


Foreign Nationals who wish to attend a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers professional development course must first contact the USACE Learning Center Registrar's office to determine if a seat is available in the desired course. If so, the Registrar will tentatively reserve the seat, pending receipt of payment for the tuition. If the course is full, the request will be placed on the standby/waitlist.

The prospective student then forwards a request for training through the American Embassy in the requestors country to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, 400 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20547, at least 60 days prior to training start date.

The request should include:

  1. Biographical data (e.g. education, employment)
  2. Title of specific professional development course(s) and dates
  3. Course provider and location (city and state)
  4. Length of stay in the U.S.
  5. Certification of English proficiency
  6. Assurance of responsibility for payment of tuition, subsistence, and transportation.

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to temporarily enter the United States must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes

Check with the local embassy to obtain the appropriate visa and approvals.

Foreign Nationals who work for a U.S. government installation may request attendance through the agency's training coordinator.

Additional information may be viewed at : U.S Travel Visa