How To Register

Corps Employees are required to complete a SF 182 and submit the request through their local training coordinator.

Non-Corps government employees should submit a  SF 182 through your local training coordinator.

All Other Employees must submit a written request to the Registrar's office.

Assuming the Contractor/Private Citizen applicants meet the prerequisites as set forth in The Course Description, the following procedures apply to registering them in PROSPECT courses:
  1. The ULC will accept Private Citizens only after meeting all Corps of Engineers and other governmental agency priorities.
  2. Private Citizens must pay by credit card. 
  3. Private citizens must submit a written request to the Registrar's office stating they are willing to acknowledge financial responsibility for the course tuition.
  4. The following priorities apply to registering Private Citizens in PROSPECT Courses:
  1. Private Citizens employed by businesses under current contract with the Corps of Engineers or State and Local Government Departments 
  2.  Private Citizens employed by businesses who are bidding for contracts with the Corps of Engineers or State and Local Government  Departments
  3. Private Citizens who are professors and teachers in United States schools and colleges
  4. Private Citizens related to other government functions

Foreign Nationals who wish to attend a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers professional development course must first contact the USACE Learning Center Registrar's office to determine if a seat is available in the desired course. If so, the Registrar will tentatively reserve the seat, pending receipt of payment for the tuition. If the course is full, the request will be placed on the standby/waitlist.

The prospective student then forwards a request for training through the American Embassy in the requester's country to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, 400 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20547, at least 60 days prior to training start date.

The request should include:
1. Biographical data (e.g. education, employment)
2. Title of specific professional development course(s) and dates
3. Course provider and location (city and state)
4. Length of stay in the U.S.
5. Certification of English proficiency
6. Assurance of responsibility for payment of tuition, subsistence, and transportation.

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to temporarily enter the United States must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes.

Check with the local embassy to obtain the appropriate visa and approvals.

Foreign Nationals who work for a U.S. government installation may request attendance through the agency's training coordinator.

Additional information may be viewed at